Foggy Morning

Recent warm temperatures, 3/4 inch of rain yesterday and then freezing temperatures last night, made for a foggy morning. Buffy and I headed out early for a hike on Eagle Mountain.

Farm fields bordered the road going east.

Here we were nearing the mountains. They aren’t actually mountains. Eons ago they were faulted up 4,000 to 5,000 feet tall and have eroded down to over 900 feet in some areas..

Bank along road is higher here and

and little higher yet as we neared the turn to Eagle Mountain road.

IMG_4138 redI particularly like the colors of the orbs resulting from the positon of the sun. I’ve been taking orb pictures at night lately and found these fascinating.

1. Posted by Therese on December 6, 2012 at 9:25 am

Absolutely stunning!

2. Posted by Vicki on December 6, 2012 at 9:52 am

so lovely.. the second one is my favorite 🙂

3. I like the last one the most. Fog/mist sure gives the countryside a different perspective. So serene. So quiet and peaceful.

4. Nice pictures!! Looks like you had a very nice day out 😀

5. Lovely blue orbs. I think daytime orbs find you at your best.

6. Beautiful, I love foggy morning and your shots are great

7. Your “cloud” orbs are being very well received. “Wow” being a favorite word to describe their effect.

• Glad to hear it. I would like to know definitely what they were. It took me a while to calm down after that picture-taking session! Working now on blog about meteor night and all the visitors then.