Buffy, My Hiking Partner

Yesterday was too beautiful of a day to stay in. Buffy insisted on a hike up on Eagle Mountain.

IMG_0033. red

How could I refuse?

It was such a calm, relaxed day, and the creek “played” a varied tune.

We climbed part way up the steep hill, found a comfortable rock and just sat,

IMG_0029 red side by side.

And we sat …

before returning to the truck.

1. Big hugs to Buffy !!!

2. Posted by Vicki on February 15, 2013 at 11:34 am

looks very peaceful, and Buffy looks like a wonderful companion.

3. Beautiful dog. She reminds me of a lab named koko that we had. The weather has been fantastic here as well.

4. Posted by Therese on February 15, 2013 at 6:19 pm

You used so few words but your message was so beautiful! Nice job, Kathy. Buffy is a special friend!

5. I like Buffy! A nice mild winter day and today is back to blustery winds and snowfall! I pray for travelers on a day like this and don’t plan to go anywhere . . . guess I’m getting too old for this weather! lol Hugs, Kathi :O)

• Buffy is quite a dog!! She turned 8 in December. I can relate with the weather. We had a strong front come through, with a lot of rain and now COLD blustery wind. I am planning a fossil blog every now and then that you might enjoy. The first one may be the end of this week or early next week. Hugs back to you.

6. I have wonderful memories of Shadow, our black lab, and I walking in the woods, seeing who could find what first as we went along. 🙂 So funny, if I hollered look what I found, he’d come running to see and sniff, lol. Buffy sounds to be a wonderful walking buddy, I enjoyed walking along and sitting with you both just now.

• She’s actually my first dog. Actually I inherited her when my son moved out, got married and she’s to big for their house, not to mention an overly hyper 4-year-old boy. We have the best time when we’re out.