Ripple Variations

Buffy wanted to visit Jones Lake so she could play in the water. I wasn’t about to argue with her. The sky gradually clouded, and a wind blew as we walked along the lake trail.

Wind pushed the water into ripples.

Blue sky, and sunlit and shadowed clouds created endless designs.

Underwater objects could occasionally be seen too,

and added designs from below.

I didn’t know what to expect with each picture I took because of the water’s rapid movements.

Lakes among  snowy mountains?

An underwater jungle?

A shrubby plant reflected as a shrubby plant.

Surface alien beings?

The alien’s homeland?

Then I came to a cove with tree and shrub reflections coming toward me.

The reflections moved SO fast.

A water creature saying “farewell?”

—————–

While putting this blog together, I began to wonder …

am I observant or easily amused?

1. Great abstract designs in some of these. It’s so nice to see open water again.

2. Posted by Therese on March 17, 2013 at 10:56 am

Your words took me away with you and Buffy! Thanks, I needed that!

3. Looks like a day I had at a lake photographing the ripples. Yes, we are easily amused!!! Thank goodness!

4. “…am I observant or easily amused?”

Both, probably. But I would add: mindful, attentive, with a keenly artful eye, and patient with nature, willing to wait for it to reveal its special gifts.

5. I forgot to say: These pictures are stunningly beautiful.

6. […] Do yourself a favor.  Click this:  Ripple Variations | naturesnippets. […]

7. I’d say you were observantly amused! And AWARE! I’ve photographed water in the past but never stayed long enough to watch the unique patterns and changes. Thanks! I’m gonna do that next time.

8. Both! 😉 I love water’s hypnotic movement, so relaxing. Cool shots!

9. Nature snippets – how lovely this was how you’ve captured these moments of movement. I am always interested in seeing images in nature, called paredolia, and I’ve written a blog post about it at: http://bildebok.wordpress.com/2013/02/26/pareidolia-i-saw-a-swon-in-cupcake-badr/ Stop by if you’d like to read more!